Outdoor Water Restrictions
- Watering is not allowed between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Hand-watering with one hose fitted with an automatic shut-off nozzle is allowed for 10 minutes per day for landscape stress relief and to prevent plant die-off.
- Restrictions apply to all users of any water resource within Miami-Dade County, whether from publicly or privately owned water utility sewer systems, private wells or private connections to surface water bodies.
Residents and businesses with an ODD-numbered street address
(ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9):
- Lawn watering is permitted on WEDNESDAYS and SATURDAYS from
4 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Residents and businesses with an EVEN-numbered street address
(ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8*), no street address, or who water both even and odd addresses within the same zones, including multi-family units and Homeowner Associations:
- Lawn watering is permitted on THURSDAYS and SUNDAYS from
4 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Residents should choose from one of two "watering windows" (before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.) on their designated irrigation days. For the most efficient use of water, residents should avoid irrigating during both time periods on the same day.
To report a water restriction violation, submit a 311 service request online by selecting the All tab, then choosing Other, or call 311.
Restrictions don't apply for car and boat washing, pressure cleaning of paved surfaces, decorative fountains and water-based recreation (e.g. swimming pools, water slides).
Users of 100 percent reclaimed water are exempt from restrictions, but encouraged to conserve water.
Low-volume irrigation, including the use of drop and micro jet systems that apply water directly to plant root zones, is not restricted but is encouraged to be reduced.
Newly-planted gardens and landscaping
New landscaping can be watered during the corresponding hours listed above every day, except Fridays, for the first 90 days it is installed. Save the receipt with the date of purchase. When unable to water during specific hours, call 311 to apply for a variance.