Due to social distancing requirements resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and now the surge from the Delta variant, Miami-Dade County Teen Court is currently holding virtual court sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 5 p.m. now that is school is back in session and will not resume in-person sessions at its physical locations until further notice. Please contact Miami-Dade County Teen Court via [email protected] for more information about the virtual court sessions.
Teen Court volunteers can help make a difference in the lives of young people. Youth volunteers can get a head jump start on legal and criminal justice careers. Adult volunteers have the opportunity to become a mentor.
Youth volunteers can serve as a Bailiff, Court Clerk, Defense or Prosecuting Attorney and Juror. You can volunteer for four, eight or 12 months.
Adult volunteers can serve as a Judge, Youth Attorney Trainer, Jury/Courtroom Monitor, Workshop Facilitator or Tutor and Attorney Committee Member.
Adult volunteers are asked to volunteer at least 4 times per year.
- Reduces recidivism to less than 3 percent
- Offers relief to the local justice system
- Develops responsible and knowledgeable civically-engaged citizens
- Provides ongoing learning and growth opportunities which impact all residents
- Encourages collaboration partnerships between youth and the local police department
Miami-Dade County Teen Court locations:
- Hialeah City Hall
- Miami Gardens City Hall
- North Dade Justice Center
- Richard Gerstein Justice Building
- South Dade Government Center
For more information, call 305-622-2592 or email [email protected]Sign up to become a volunteer