Northwest 7th Avenue Corridor Community Redevelopment Agency
The Mission of the Uptown Avenue 7 CRA is to:
- Reposition Northwest 7th Avenue as a major regional employment center.
- Support the growth and expansion of existing businesses in the CRA.
- Support development of new business in the CRA.
- Provide training and increased employment opportunities for residents of northwest Miami-Dade.
- Redevelop the 7th Avenue corridor, supporting a mix of business, residential and commercial opportunities within the CRA.
2019 meeting dates:
- January 30th
- March 14th
- April 24th
- May 29th
- June 26th CANCELLED
- July 24th
- July 31st CANCELLED
- August 6th
- September 25th
- October 30th
- November 20th
- December - Holiday Recess
The Northwest 7th Avenue CRA Board meets every month at 6 p.m. at the:
Arcola Lakes Branch Library
8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami
Dates are subject to change.
A person seeking to appeal any decisions made at a meeting, with respect to matters considered at the meeting, will need to ensure a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, including the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is based.
Relocating to NW 7th Avenue
The northern commercial and transportation gateway to the County, Uptown Avenue 7 is poised for new investment, expansion and growth.
Businesses located within, or moving into, the Uptown Avenue 7 CRA are eligible for no less than 29 state, County and local tax credit, grant, Tax abatements and loan programs. In addition, the CRA has its own newly-enhanced program of grants and credits available for businesses in or relocating to the Uptown Avenue 7 CRA.
Commercial Improvement Grant Program - CIP
This program is established to outline procedures and guidelines to be used for providing funding assistance to rehabilitate privately-owned commercial and industrial buildings which are occupied by licensed businesses and which have qualified for the CRA's CIP Grant Program.
- Commercial Improvement Grant Program Manual
- Commercial Improvement Grant Program Application
- Employment Stimulus Zone Map
This program is established to outline procedures and guidelines to be used for providing funding assistance to purchase new equipment or technology, or improve or upgrade existing equipment or technology to be used directly in the applicant's business which has qualified for the CRA's BIIG Grant Program.
- Resolution 1
- Resolution 2
- Resolution 3
- Resolution 4
- Resolution 5
- Resolution 6
- Resolution 7
- Resolution 8
- Resolution 9
- Resolution 10
- Resolution 11
- Resolution 12
- Resolution accepting the Northwest 7th Avenue Finding of Necessity study - March 2004
Management and Staff
Miami-Dade County Commissioners
- Hon. Jean Monestime, District 2
- Hon. Audrey M. Edmonson, District 3
Miami-Dade County Staff
- Chimene Graham, Office of Management & Budget
- Jorge Fernandez Jr., Office of Management & Budget
- Terrence A. Smith, Assistant County Attorney
Economic Development Coordinator
- Kevin T. Greiner, IBI Group Florida Inc.