Northwest 7th Avenue Corridor Community Redevelopment Agency
The Mission of the Uptown Avenue 7 CRA is to:
- Reposition Northwest 7th Avenue as a major regional employment center.
- Support the growth and expansion of existing businesses in the CRA.
- Support development of new business in the CRA.
- Provide training and increased employment opportunities for residents of northwest Miami-Dade.
- Redevelop the 7th Avenue corridor, supporting a mix of business, residential and commercial opportunities within the CRA.
CRA Board Meetings
2018 meeting dates:
- October 31
- November 21
- December 19
The Northwest 7th Avenue CRA Board meets monthly at 6 p.m. at the:
Arcola Lakes Branch Library
8240 NW 7th Avenue, Miami
Dates are subject to change.
A person seeking to appeal any decisions made at a meeting, with respect to matters considered at the meeting, will need to ensure a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, including the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is based.
Relocating to NW 7th Avenue
The northern commercial and transportation gateway to the County, Uptown Avenue 7 is poised for new investment, expansion and growth.
- Summary of Uptown Avenue 7's locational advantages
- Uptown Avenue 7 Economic Opportunity Assessment
- Uptown Avenue 7 Economic Development Action Plan
Businesses located within, or moving into, the Uptown Avenue 7 CRA are eligible for no less than 29 state, County and local tax credit, grant, Tax abatements and loan programs. In addition, the CRA has its own newly-enhanced program of grants and credits available for businesses in or relocating to the Uptown Avenue 7 CRA.
The CRA has contracted with Kent Security, a national leader in video and live security services, to provide security services for business owners in the CRA.
The CRA's Business Innovation Investment Grants are designed to support the growth and expansion of businesses within the CRA, and encourage businesses to locate within the CRA by assisting capital investments in their processes, products and service delivery.
This program is established to outline procedures and guidelines to be used for providing assistance to rehabilitate privately owned commercial and industrial buildings which are occupied by licensed businesses and which have qualified for the CRA's Commercial Improvement Grant Program, with funds to be provided by the CRA.
CRA Management and Staff
Miami-Dade County Commissioners
- Hon. Jean Monestime, District 2
- Hon. Audrey M. Edmonson, District 3
Miami-Dade County Staff
- Chimene Graham, Office of Management & Budget
- Jorge Fernandez Jr., Office of Management & Budget
- Terrence A. Smith, Assistant County Attorney
Economic Development Coordinator
- Kevin T. Greiner, IBI Group Florida Inc.